I’m tired of crying.
Dan-cat is sick.
We took him to the vet last Thursday because we noticed he seemed fatigued and wasn’t interested in food, but the vet said he was probably just dehydrated. They gave him an IV of fluids, and the vet said we should see improvement.
He seemed a little better, but after a few days he still wasn’t interested in eating, or playing, or moving around very much at all. He’s been losing noticeable amounts of weight (almost an entire pound in 5 days) and he looks so frail and weak. Today we took him back to the vet, hoping for a quick fix, but the diagnosis wasn’t clear. They took blood samples, and we’ll find out today what’s wrong with him.
Basically it’s one of two things:
- An allergy/intolerance to something he’s been eating, which is treatable.
- A lethal virus that has pretty much the same symptoms as thing #1.
I can’t stomach the thought of it being option number 2. I just can’t. Every time I think about it, I cry. He can’t leave us yet. He’s not even two years old. He just has to be okay. He just…has to.
What will we do without our little bright-eyed, bushy-tailed boy-cat?
What will Jones do?
My head is throbbing. I’m not going to be able to sleep until the vet calls us at 10am.
God please. Just…
- themihgtyboosh likes this
- imashambles said: I’m so, so sorry to hear about Dan-cat. :’( *hugs*
- bunchesmcginty said: *hugs* x
- wizivizi likes this
- kelisab said: Poor kitty. :( I’ll keep you guys in my thoughts!
- mrsnickmarkakis said: I hope he’s okay! Praying its option 1 or something even better! We lost my cat 2 years ago to an infection and I blame myself for not noticing sooner. At least you took him in right away! Hopefully that will make all the difference! :)
- mrsnickmarkakis likes this
- ukfancier posted this